WITH 2021 JUST A FEW WEEKS OLD, how are you doing with your New Year’s resolutions? What do you want to accomplish in the coming year? Getting more physically fit, learning a new hobby, advancing in your career? Whatever goals you set, it's not too late to make a few more. Why not include a few goals to improve your home? I’ve put together a list of a few suggestions which will help you over the coming year—whether you plan to sell your home or simply keep it looking its best!
1. Store Your Seasonal Decorations Together. There are always new gifts and decorations to find homes for after the season. Keep everything together in the attic, garage, or basement, clearly labeled—you can even number the tubs so you know if one is misplaced! There are also color-coordinated tubs for different holidays, as well as clear tubs that make it easy to find what you are looking for.
2. Clean/Maintain Your Appliances. Sit down and make a list of all the home maintenance chores that need to be done throughout the year—changing HVAC filters, checking smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, cleaning the garbage disposal, checking washing machine and other water line connections, cleaning fridge coils, cleaning dryer vent exhaust, inspecting your fire extinguisher, checking your toilet shut off valve for leaks and running toilets, and checking your washer/dryer hoses. Schedule one or two items per month and put it on your calendar as a reminder.
3. Use Energy Efficient Appliances. It’s just after the holidays and money may be tight, but even something as simple as changing your lightbulbs to fluorescent can save you money on your energy bills. If you have the wherewithal, consider upgrading to an HE washer/dryer combo or a new oven. Make sure to turn out lights, and check windows and doors to make sure they are properly sealed.
4. Take Stock of Repairs. Do you need a new roof? When was the water heater last replaced? Does the fence need repair or repainting? Make a list of these items, calculate their cost, and then set a goal date. Even tucking away a tiny bit can make the difference when budgeting for those repairs or other, unexpected ones that arise.
5. Update one Feature. Are you sick of that kitchen linoleum? Have you always wanted a patio fire pit? Set a goal to add value to your home through a project. Finally finish that basement, or indulge in a brand new bathroom. Pressure wash your house, driveway, and sidewalks, mulch and weed your flower beds—what about some new garden beds or landscaping? Even a fresh coat of paint and some new flooring can dramatically add to the appearance of your house.
If you plan to sell your home in the Guyton, Pooler, Rincon and the surrounding Coastal Georgia area, I am available for a free consultation and advice for home updates, market pricing analysis, tips and more. Please contact me at (912)373-6319.
Pooler | Bloomingdale | Ellabell | Pembroke | Guyton| Rincon | Springfield | Richmond Hill
Chatham County | Bryan County | Effingham County
Coastal Georgia Real Estate and Rental Homes
Proudly Serving : Fort Stewart (Hinesville) and Hunter Army Airfield (HAAF Savannah)
Michelle M Tucker | !Daley Real Estate | GA Real Estate License #297541